Senior Front-end developer at Connected Cars
Connected Cars is working on an ambitious project to connect 1000,000+ car-owners with their vehicles by hooking into the on-board diagnostics available in every modern car. Currently, we have Volkswagen, SEAT, ŠKODA and Audi on board in Denmark and a looking abroad. Our team consists of around 25 people from different backgrounds, such as management consulting, marketing, design, engineering, data science, mechanic, support etc.
We are currently using Node.js and MySQL on the backend, React on web and React Native for our mobile apps on iOS and Android. On the hosting side we are using Google Cloud with Kubernetes and Docker, but our tech stack is continually evolving and we are always looking to do things better.
We believe in release early, release often which is why we currently run many daily releases using our continuous integration and deployment setup.
Developers work closely with product and design in small teams of about 2-3 people each. We focus on minimal overhead and bureaucracy as we want to ensure independence and decision power stay within the teams. This means that teams have a lot of influence on how they work, what they focus on and how they deliver new features and functionality.
As a senior front-end developer at Connected Cars, you will mainly be working with our React code base. A large part of the job is making sure we deliver a high quality and intuitive user experience that works in a range of browsers and devices. You will also be responsible for moving your own code into production.
What we like
It’s not important that you know every part of our current tech stack or that you have years of experience in React or Redux. Most important is that you have experience as a frontend developer and that you like to learn and know how to leverage your experience across technology stacks and languages.
But here is what would be a good fit if you know some of the following:
- Experience in more than one technology stack
- React, Vue, Angular or similar
- Babel, TypeScript, Flow or similar
- React context, Apollo, Redux, Redux-sagas or similar
- Consuming RESTful/GraphQL APIs
- MVC-based web applications
- Dependency management tools like yarn, npm or similar
- Build tools like parcel, webpack, grunt or similar
- Continuous integration and test driven development
- Focus on quality and doing things right
- Candidate codes in his/her spare time
- Github or similar account with sample code
- Open Source development experience
What is in it for you?
- Be part of a journey to develop the car owner experience of the future
- Highly skilled co-workers to learn from
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and location
- Employee discounts on cars, repairs, etc. for yourself and your family
- Company car package
- Laptop of your choice
- Cheap lunch scheme
- All the snack you can eat and drink
- Strong open source commitment
How to apply
To apply just send an e-mail to email@example.com, including the following:
- Updated CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- Link to Github or similar with examples of your work
Contact Troels to hear more about the position on either e-mail or phone:
- Troels Liebe Bentsen firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 51 51 18 38
Note that we are only looking for onsite candidates at our location in the Copenhagen area, Denmark
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is funded and owned by Semler Group, a family owned business, the exclusive Danish importer of Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lotus, Bentley and Lamborghini.
Connected cars is part of Semler Innovation together with number of other startups focusing on mobility, including Autonomous Mobility that are working with self-driving cars.