Embedded/IoT Software Engineering Lead at Connected Cars
Connected Cars is working on an ambitious project to connect millions of car-owners with their vehicles by hooking into the on-board diagnostics available in every modern car, and we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join us on that journey. Our mission is to enable safer, more sustainable, and more convenient mobility to the world through responsible and transparent data collection and sharing. Our team consists of around 40 people from different backgrounds, brought together by a shared belief in team effort, fun at work, and delivering quality.
We are using Rust and Node.js running on a custom linux distro (Yocto) for our embedded device. Some of the fun and challenging areas we work in are: Linux kernel development, OTA updates, power management, location services, accelerometer data, communicating with onboard vehicle systems, compression and encryption.
As a software engineering lead, you will be taking responsibility for core functionality in our embedded software stack, such as the functionality listed above.
Developers work in small teams of about 7-8 people each. We focus on minimal overhead and bureaucracy as we want to ensure independence and that decision power stays within the teams. This means that teams have a lot of influence on how they work, what they focus on, and how they deliver new features and functionality.
What we’re looking for
We don’t expect you to tick every box in our current tech stack. What matters is that you extensive experience as a software engineer, that you still like to learn, and know how to leverage your experience across technology stacks and languages.
Here’s what we think would be a good fit:
- Experience in more than one technology stack
- C, C++, Rust, Go, Python, TypeScript or similar
- Using low level Linux/POSIX APIs
- Yocto, BuildRoot or another Linux distribution build system
- Focus on quality and doing things right
- Likes to use modern development tools
What’s in it for you?
- Working with one of the largest and broadest IoT/telematics data sets in the industry
- Be part of a journey to develop the car owner experience of the future
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and location
- Employee discounts on cars (incl. leases and repairs) for yourself and your family
- Laptop of your choice
- Cheap lunch scheme
- All the snacks and sodas you can consume
- Great beers on Fridays (and yes, we’re open to suggestions)
- Strong Open Source commitment
How to apply
To apply just send an e-mail to email@example.com, including the an updated CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
If you’d like to know more about the position contact Bo, one of our Tech Leads, either through e-mail or phone:
- Bo Winther firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 30 28 20 58
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is funded and owned by Semler Group, a family owned business, the exclusive Danish importer of Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lotus, Bentley and Lamborghini.
Connected cars is part of Semler Innovation together with number of other startups focusing on mobility, including holo who are focusing on self-driving vehicles and Dribe, a flexible approach to car leasing.