iOS/Android developer moving to React Native
Connected Cars is working on an ambitious project to connect millions of car-owners with their vehicles by hooking into the on-board diagnostics available in every modern car, and we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join us on that journey. Our mission is to enable safer, more sustainable, and more convenient mobility to the world through responsible and transparent data collection and sharing. Our team consists of around 50 people from different backgrounds, brought together by a shared belief in team effort, fun at work, and delivering quality.
We are open to someone who has experience with iOS/Android, but would like to learn or move to React Native. TypeScript is a plus
We are currently using Node.js, Python, Go, MySQL and BigQuery on the backend, Yocto, Rust, and TypeScript on our device, React on web, and React Native for our mobile apps on iOS and Android. On the hosting side we are using Google Cloud and several other modern cloud services.
We believe in release early, release often, which is why we run several daily releases using our continuous integration and deployment setup.
Developers work in small teams of about 3-4 people each. We focus on minimal overhead and bureaucracy as we want to ensure independence and that decision power stays within the teams. This means that teams have a lot of influence on how they work, what they focus on, and how they deliver new features and functionality.
As an app developer at Connected Cars you will mainly be working with developing our mobile apps for iOS and Android. Currently, this includes apps for Volkswagen, SEAT, Skoda, and Audi. You’ll be responsible for publishing the apps to the apps stores.
As a new starter on React Native we don’t expect you to have much experience in native app development but that you can utilize your iOS/Android knowledge to get started and the rest of the team will fill in the blanks.
What we like
We don’t expect you to tick every box in our current tech stack. What matters is that you have some experience as a developer, you like to learn, and know how to leverage your experience across technology stacks and languages.
But here is what would be a good fit:
- Android development with Kotlin or Java
- iOS development in Swift
- Build tools like Fastlane or similar
- Consuming RESTful/GraphQL APIs
- End-to-end testing/unit testing
- CI/CD fx using Fastlane, CircleCI or similar
- Focus on quality and doing things right
You get extra points, if you:
- Code in your spare time
- Github or similar account with sample code
- Open Source development experience
What is in it for you?
- Work with one of the largest and broadest IoT/telematics data sets in the industry
- Be part of a journey to develop the car owner experience of the future
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and location
- Employee discounts on cars, repairs, etc. for yourself and your family
- Company car package
- Laptop of your choice
- Cheap lunch scheme
- All the snacks and sodas you can consume
- Strong open source commitment
How to apply
To apply just send an e-mail to email@example.com, including the following:
- Updated CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- Link to Github or similar with examples of your work
Or you can apply via thehub.dk
If you’d like to get to know more about the position contact Troels, our CTO either through e-mail or phone:
- Troels Liebe Bentsen firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 51 51 18 38
Please note that we are only looking for on-site candidates in the Copenhagen area in Denmark.
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is funded and owned by Semler Group, a family owned business, the exclusive Danish importer of Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lotus, Bentley and Lamborghini.
Connected cars is part of Semler Innovation together with number of other startups focusing on mobility, including holo who are focusing on self-driving vehicles and Dribe, a flexible approach to car leasing.