Senior Back-end developer at Connected Cars
Connected Cars is working on an ambitious project to connect millions of car-owners with their vehicles. Our mission is to enable safer, more sustainable, and more convenient mobility to the world through responsible and transparent data collection and sharing. We are looking for enthusiastic and determined people to join us on this exciting journey. Our diverse team of 50 people is brought together by the shared belief of delivering quality work through not only great but fun teamwork.
As our new Senior Back-end Developer you will mainly be working with our APIs and backend applications to make sure they can scale to handle the very large data sets we’re working with. You’ll be responsible for moving your own code into production.
We don’t expect you to tick every box in our current tech stack. What matters is that you have some experience as a developer, you like to learn, and know how to leverage your experience across technology stacks and languages.
Here’s what we think would be a good fit:
- Experience in more than one technology stack
- RESTful/GraphQL APIs in Node.js, Go or similar
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar
- Dependency management tools like Yarn or npm
- Continuous integration and test driven development
- Focus on quality and doing things right
- Working with large data sets (terabytes)
It´s an extra if you:
- Code in your spare time
- Have GitHub or a similar account with sample code
- Have Open Source development experience
The way our developer team works
We work in small teams of about 3-4 people each. We want to ensure independent decision-making within the teams thus we focus on minimal overhead and bureaucracy. This means that teams have a lot of influence on how they work, what they focus on, and how they deliver new features and functionality.
We believe in release early, release often, which is why we run several daily releases using our continuous integration and deployment setup.
Our technology stack consists of:
- Node.js, Python, Go, MySQL and BigQuery on the backend
- Yocto, Rust, Python and TypeScript on our CAN stack, React on web
- React Native for our mobile apps on iOS and Android
- Google Cloud and several other modern cloud services on the hosting side
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the largest and broadest IoT/telematics data sets in the industry
- Be part of a journey to develop the car owner experience of the future
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and location
- Company car package (configure a brand new car every six months)
- Employee discounts on cars (incl. leases and repairs) for yourself and your family
- Laptop of your choice
- Cheap lunch scheme
- All the snacks and sodas you can consume
- Great beers on Fridays (and yes, we’re open to suggestions)
- Strong Open Source commitment
How to apply
To apply just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following:
- Updated CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- Link to Github or similar with examples of your work
Or you can apply via thehub.dk
If you’d like to get to know more about the position contact Troels, our CTO either through e-mail or phone:
- Troels Liebe Bentsen email@example.com, +45 51 51 18 38
Please note that we are only looking for on-site candidates in the Copenhagen area in Denmark.
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is funded and owned by Semler Group, a family owned business, the exclusive Danish importer of Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lotus, Bentley and Lamborghini.
Connected cars is part of Semler Innovation together with number of other startups focusing on mobility, including holo who are focusing on self-driving vehicles and Dribe, a flexible approach to car leasing.