Senior data scientist at Connected Cars
We are looking to expand our data science team with a skilled senior data scientist/engineer to help us perform large-scale analysis, build new features and scale our products as we connect more cars and users.
Our solution connects car-owners with their vehicles by collecting real-time data from the onboard diagnostic systems. We’re currently processing hundreds of millions of events per day and have billions of historic data points. Using these, you will create data-driven solutions and products that support both end users and workshops as well as selected third-parties with anonymized GDPR compliant data. Our goal is to give the best possible interaction and experience for our users.
In this position, you will be part of an operational data science team that works closely with other tech teams, internal and external stakeholders. We focus on minimizing overhead and bureaucracy as we want to ensure independence and that decision-making stays within the teams. Teams have a lot of influence on how they work, what they focus on, and how they deliver new features and functionality.
The team has a mixed set of responsibilities that are shared between all team members:
- We explore historic datasets to ensure data support for new features.
- We perform business-facing analysis to help scale our user-base.
- We ensure the highest level of data quality to provide the best user experience.
- We maintain our own data processing pipelines that compute user-facing data products.
The tasks are shared between the team based on personal preference and external deadlines. Since we deliver user-facing products, code quality and stability are important to everyone in the team. As a senior scientist/engineer you will also be a strong contributor to defining the coding and data culture in the team and leading the work on new architecture to support new features.
What we are looking for
A senior data scientist or data engineer who has an interest in the architectural design of our solution. The role will support the team with technical guidance, high-level architectural decisions, and hands-on development. You should expect an 80/20 split between hands-on development and other tasks. The products of the data science team are directly used in products facing potentially hundreds of thousands of users daily, so the focus is on getting maintainable, stable solutions to production.
We welcome experienced candidates from all backgrounds, and since data science can be approached from either a mathematics/natural science or computer science standpoint we are interested in broad data science profiles.
The perfect candidate would have experience with the following, but some of these items can be taught by on-the-job training, so do not get discouraged if you do not meet them all:
- Python coding experience is required
- Knowledge of version control in Git and gitflow-style software development
- Ability to develop rapid prototypes and visualizations in Python
- Familiarity with databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar
- A flair for data extraction, transformation, and loading processes
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with large-scale data architectures
- Focus on doing things right with a clean and reusable code of high quality
- Experience with automated testing
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a journey to develop the connected car experience of the future
- Highly skilled and dedicated co-workers to learn from
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and location
- Employee discounts on cars, repairs, etc. for yourself and your family
- Laptop of your choice
- Cheap lunch scheme
- All the snacks you can eat and drink
How to apply
To apply just send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Updated CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- Link to GitHub or similar with examples of your work
If you have any questions about the position please contact Thomas Jansson, our Head of Data Science, at firstname.lastname@example.org or + 45 29 72 23 92
Note that we are only looking for on-site candidates at our location in the Copenhagen area, Denmark
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is working on an ambitious project to connect millions of car owners with their vehicles by hooking into the on-board diagnostics available in every modern car, and we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join us on that journey.
Our mission is to enable safer, more sustainable, and more convenient mobility to the world through responsible and transparent data collection and sharing. Our team consists of 50 people from different backgrounds, brought together by a shared belief in team effort and fun at work.
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is funded and owned by Semler Group, a family owned business, the exclusive Danish importer of Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lotus, Bentley and Lamborghini.
Connected cars is part of Semler Innovation together with number of other startups focusing on mobility, including holo who are focusing on self-driving vehicles and Dribe, a flexible approach to car leasing.