Visual business analyst at Connected Cars
Connected Cars is working on an ambitious project to connect millions of car-owners with their vehicles by hooking into the on-board diagnostics available in every modern car, and we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join us on that journey. Our mission is to enable safer, more sustainable, and more convenient mobility to the world through responsible and transparent data collection and sharing. Our team consists of around 40 people from different backgrounds, brought together by a shared belief in team effort, fun at work, and delivering quality.
Connected Cars solution allows us to explore large datasets from a broad range of interesting sources. We’re currently processing hundreds of millions of events per day and have billions of data points in our datasets. Using these, you will help create data-driven solutions and products that support both customers and 3rd parties and which give the best possible end-user interaction and experience.
We are looking to expand our data science team with a skilled data visualization developer that can help support our commercial departments with understanding, generating and developing new dashboards to facilitate their growth. The candidate will join the data science team and will work together with the other data scientists and data engineers on other problems and models, but with the main focus in building tools such as dashboards to help stakeholder gain insights from our data.
Although anchored in the data science team you will work closely with developers and commercial stakeholders. We focus on minimal overhead and bureaucracy as we want to make sure that independence and the power to make decisions stay within the teams. This means that teams have a lot of influence on how they work, what they focus on and how they deliver new features and functionality.
As a data visualization developer at Connected Cars you will work with our large datasets to explore new ways of producing, processing and analyzing data in order to gain insights into both our solutions and our end-users’ data, and with developing data quality and monitoring of the large streams of data.
What we are looking for
A candidate with a firm understanding of working with datasets that can take a dashboard design request from a commercial department, design the data source, populate the data source from other sources using python and finally present the results in a easy to use dashboard. It’s a plus if you like to learn new things and know how to leverage your experience across technology stacks and languages. Most of our existing portfolio of dashboards are running in Google data studio, but we are also very interested in experiences with other tools and solutions.
We are looking for both junior and more experienced candidates, and since data visualization can be approached from many angles we welcome applicants from many backgrounds. As the data science team maintain the whole pipeline from data, transformation and presentation it is very much a hands-on candidate we need.
The perfect candidate would have experience with the following, but some of these items can be taught by on-the-job training, so do not get discouraged if you do not meet them all:
- General strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Experience in presenting insights and analysis to non-technical stakeholders
- Coding experience in Python preferably with knowledge of version control in Git
- Ability to develop rapid prototypes and visualizations in Python or JS
- Familiarity with databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar
- A flair for data extraction, transformation and loading processes
- Previous experiences with various dash boarding/visualization solutions (on-the-shelf or crafted in JS or Python)
- Has an interest in development and codes in their spare time
- GitHub or similar account with sample code or examples of visualizations/dashboards
- Open Source experience
What is in it for you?
- Work with one of the largest and broadest IoT/telematics datasets in the industry
- Be part of a journey to develop the car owner experience of the future
- Highly skilled and dedicated co-workers to learn from
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and location
- Employee discounts on cars, repairs, etc. for yourself and your family
- Laptop and phone of your choice
- Cheap lunch scheme
- All the snacks and sodas you can consume
- Great beers on Fridays (and yes, we’re open to suggestions)
- Strong Open Source commitment
How to apply
To apply just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Updated CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- Link to GitHub or similar with examples of your work
If you have any questions about the position please contact Thomas Jansson, our Head of Data Science, at email@example.com or + 45 29 72 23 92
Note that we are only looking for on-site candidates at our location in the Copenhagen area, Denmark
About Connected Cars
Connected Cars is funded and owned by Semler Group, a family owned business, the exclusive Danish importer of Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lotus, Bentley and Lamborghini.
Connected cars is part of Semler Innovation together with number of other startups focusing on mobility, including holo who are focusing on self-driving vehicles and Dribe, a flexible approach to car leasing.